Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Offseason Patriots Notes


We'd rather be talking about a Patriots Super Bowl matchup, but we'll work with what we've got.
  • Tom Brady, speaking at his charity event yesterday, revealed that he will not need any surgeries this off-season, and will be fine to begin his off-season regiment on schedule. Brady also commented on entering his the final year of his contract saying: "I don’t sit here saying ‘What about me, What about me?’ I’m under contract and I’m going to go out there and play and play my butt off." He also added: "I love being here and I love Boston, I love the city, I love the community, that’s where our home is."
  • Matt Light revealed today on the Mike and Mike Show on ESPNRadio that the injury he suffered during the team's week 5 game in Denver was a dislocated knee cap. He said that fortunately the knee cap came out of place, but went right back in which allowed him to miss just 5 games. Light is due $4.5 million in the final year of his deal, but the career Patriot may not be around to see it.
  • Dean Pees, whose contract was not renewed by the Patriots, signed on today with the Baltimore Ravens as their linebackers coach. Good luck to Dean down there, and hopefully the team will replace him soon. For what it's worth, free agent to be Vince Wilfork would like to see current defensive line coach Pepper Johnson take over.
Two weeks until the Super Bowl. Go Saints. Who are you rooting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment